who are we?
Secret Sounds are one of Australia’s largest and fastest growing music groups, spanning multiple segments of the music industry. With a full-time team of over 60 people, we produce the nation’s premier music and arts festivals, including Splendor in the Grass and Falls festivals, manage venues and represent the interests of over 250 leading national and international artists through labels, publishing, touring, management and artist booking.
Secret Sounds Connect is a market-leading commercial rights, experiential and creative services agency responsible for developing and executing brand campaigns in music and entertainment. Secret Sounds is part of the Live Nation Entertainment group of companies.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the high performing partnerships agency Secret Sounds as Production Manager.
The Production Manager role will work with the Executive Producer to create brand activations and deliver festival production work, including experiential brand festival activations.
Working closely with the production, integration and sales teams, you will be responsible for logistics, budget management, supplier relations, team building and field deliverables for ensure smooth delivery of the project within budget, ensuring overall customer satisfaction and quality of service.
You will excel in understanding the needs of the client, vendors, site managers, enabling agencies and have a proven track record of managing concurrent workflows.
You are an organized producer who can juggle team and client needs with confidence and agility. You are able to manage several projects in a dynamic, creative and stimulating environment. You are both a doer and a thinker, ready to be active and actively work with the wider team. You are dynamic, autonomous, open-minded and have strong customer relationship skills.
main responsibilities and tasks
- Manage production quotes and customer invoicing
- Manage external project vendors to quote, produce and execute build sets
- Produce sponsor activations with the executive producer
- Coordinate travel, accommodations and ground transportation for the production and integration team
- Work with the executive producer to co-design sponsor activations
- Assist in the search and acquisition of suppliers for the construction of sets
- Manage customers in the field to provide high level customer service
- Produce production schedules for events/festivals
- Manage site agreement and site orders with sponsors and event
- Produce activation slime cards for set builds
- Produce a real estate summary for the Festival, including mud maps
- Build and reconcile budgets
- Internal administrative tasks delegated by the executive producer.
- Help manage budgets for pitch responses with internal teams
- Be an integral part of production solutions for set construction and client presentations.
- Contribute to the generation of creative ideas for all clients
- Support the role outside of the builds set at the event, including but not limited to:
- o Vendor management
- o Customer approvals for inclusions
- o Monitoring of activation times
- o Ensure the level of detail of the management of safety, deadlines, ground crew
- o Dispute over volunteers on site
- This role will involve traveling to locations in Australia and New Zealand to work on music festivals, tours and events.
skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role including music festivals, brand events and product launches.
- Strong computer skills – proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and basic sketchup design.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a culturally consistent manner and at all levels;
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, sensitive to relationships and situations;
- Great attention to detail;
- Demonstrated passion for music.
To apply, please send a detailed cover letter and CV to [email protected]