NEW YORK—swXtch.io LLC announced the availability of its cloudSwXtch virtual overlay network for media and entertainment companies that want to migrate demanding media workloads to the cloud while using the same systems and processes available in broadcast networks dedicated.
The cloudSwXtch solution brings high-performance networking capabilities to cloud applications at the touch of a button and without code changes. It unlocks missing networking features that customers with demanding, high-speed workflows need but haven’t been able to use – until now. Deployed as a software solution within a physical broadcast network or a customer’s cloud tenant, cloudSwXtch enables broadcasters and video service providers to merge on-premises and cloud-based workflows into one workflow. hybrid production.
The company also announced that it will demonstrate the solution via a working demo at the Microsoft Azure booth (1.D25). Visitors will see a real-time presentation of cloudSwXtch’s capabilities combined with those of the broadcast industry’s leading technology providers – proving that real-time, high-quality live streaming content is possible over cloud networks, the company said.
“The limitations of cloud networking have dramatically slowed the movement of standards-based broadcast production workloads to the cloud,” said Brent Yates, CTO of swXtch.io. “Our cloudSwXtch technology brings on-premise functionality, such as moving uncompressed video streams to the cloud with seamless full switching, without the need to modify software or code. Plus, by layering the latest media networking standards with leading networking capabilities from leading cloud providers, cloudSwXtch makes high-quality, resilient, high-performance media distribution a reality in the cloud.
The company also noted that users can easily add new features to a cloudSwXtch-enabled network. These include:
- True and transparent IP multicasting, which optimizes network configuration and reduces distribution and cloud egress costs.
- Protocol translation and fan-out that enable seamless translation between various protocols (UDP Multicast, UDP Unicast, SRT, and others) and allow devices requiring different protocols to interoperate without reconfiguration or management.
- Non-disruptive merge functionality incorporating the latest SMTPE 2022-7 technical standard for IP network path redundancy. CloudSwXtch’s seamless merging ensures that media streams are instantly repaired if packets on any of the network data paths are lost.
- The cloudSwXtch mesh connects virtual switches in a variety of dispersed network locations, allowing them to act as an enhanced network.
- Integration of on-premises and cloud networks through ground-to-cloud and cloud-to-ground compatibility creates a single data path and enables seamless network configuration and management.
Microsoft Azure customers can enable cloudSwXtch features through Microsoft Azure Marketplace. More information is available at www.swxtch.io (opens in a new tab).